Hi, Sam,

I have some more details for you.  Many of the casper_library blocks "remember"
their mask parameters so that their initialization scripts can quickly
determine whether any parameter has changed.  If an initialization script sees
that no parameter has changed, it will not run any further since it has already
initialized the block with the given parameters.  Without this optimization,
large designs took a very, very long time to do "update diagram" or "generate"
(since "update diagram" is the first part of "generate").  This works fine
unless the initialization script itself has changed.  In this case, you want to
script to run, but it refuses to thinking that it's job has already been done.
The solution (work around) for this is to change a mask parameter (e.g.
increase add_latency by 1), click OK to let the new script run with the
undesired/modified parameter value, then change the mask parameter back to the
original value to get the script to run with the desired/original parameter
value.

Another issue that can arise is if the structure of a block has changed in the
library.  Since the links to casper_library blocks are disabled in existing
designs, they may not contain the same sub-blocks as the corresponding library
block.  Obviously, this can be problematic structurally, but it can also be
problematic from an init script point of view since the "old" block with
disabled link will be running the "new" init script passing it the "old" mask
parameters.

In short, if you update your mlib_devel, you will probably want to go through
your design to delete and re-add the casper_library blocks one-by-one (making
sure to preserve/adapt the mask dialog settings as necessary).  Without doing
this it is hard to tell whether you're actually getting the advantages of the
latest library blocks.

Hope this helps,
Dave