Hi Jon.

I would check the 10Ge link status register. It sits at an offset of
0x24 in the 10Ge register. It should be equal to 0x7e or 0x7c. If it
equals one of these values the controller and link are working fine.

Has this same bitstream worked on the same board before? I have on
rare occasions I have seen compiles that produced 10ge bitstreams that
would work on some boards and not others. If this is the case I would
try recompiling. Have other people seen this issue?

It is a little unlikely that there is a hardware failure, but you can
run the Built-in tests from u-boot to ease your mind. Have a look at
the FPGA Configuration and Testing section.
http://casper.berkeley.edu/wiki/ROACH_Bringup#FPGA_Configuration_and_Testing

Kind regards,
David