> We have an new Roach board from the factory.
> I understand it should have uboot installed in flash, and I should be
> able to observe the boot procedure via
> the serial port.
> When I observe with a serial port setup to 115,200,N,8 I see no activity
> on powering up the card.
> What do I need to do to see activity.

I assume the LEDs and the fan on the FPGA all come on, i.e. power is
applied correctly? You need a null modem on a standard 9pin <-> 9 pin
serial cable.  Set the hyperterminal or minicom port for no handshaking.
Otherwise, it should come up at least to the boot prompt with no further
messing around.

Nothing to do with the roach per se, but we have had trouble with some
usb-serial adapters not working right with certain usb ports on certain
laptops.  You might try swapping that to another port if you are using
one.

You can bring it over here if you need to and we can exorcise it.

John