So how else can I reset the FIFO and the 10Gbe? Is there any fix out there?

On 2/27/2012 2:58 PM, John Ford wrote:
After working on the 10Gbe for a while and reading the replies to this
thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/casper@lists.berkeley.edu/msg02275.html, we
used a reset scheme that holds the valid into 10Gbe low first, and then
reset the 10Gbe, then let it startup, and release the valid line last
and start transmitting data.

However, there seems to be an inserted word in the beginning when the
10Gbe starts to transmit. It is always the first word of the first
packet, and it happens randomly. Sometimes it's find and sometimes it's
not, we have to keep doing reset and if lucky enough we will get it
right. Is this a known issue to 10Gbe or has anyone found a good work
around?

The reset line is flaky.  Don't use it...

:(

John