hi laura,

i second john's remarks:

an inexpensive 10Gbit nic card in your computer
would make your data streaming task relatively easy,
as there are tutorials and several instrument designs
that stream data  from a roach over 10Gbe into a computer.

there's also a lot of good open source software you can use
to receive 10gBE data on a computer and send it to a disk drive....

best wishes,

dan