> Hi All,
>
> I'm having some issues with tutorial 2 and would appreciate a little advice!
>
> I can execute the following sequence of python commands successfully:

> In [2]: import corr
> In [4]: fpga = corr.katcp_wrapper.FpgaClient('cockroach1',7147)
> In [7]: fpga.listbof()
> Out[7]:
> ['jhg_t1_2012_Mar_12_1407.bof',
>  'jhg_t1_2012_Mar_13_0930.bof',
>  'jhg_t1_2012_Mar_13_1146.bof',
>  'r_spec_2048_r105_2010_Jul_26_1205.bof',
>  'rjl_tut1c_2012_Mar_13_1517.bof',
>  'tut1_2012_Mar_12_1046.bof',
>  'tut1_2012_Mar_12_1144.bof',
>  'tut1_rjl_2012_Apr_03_1046.bof',
>  'tut2b.bof']
>
> In [8]: fpga.progdev('tut2b.bof')
> Out[8]: 'ok'
Can you try'n do a "fpga.listdev()" after programming? I'm wondering if the
FPGA is perhaps actually not being programmed at all (which could be for a
number of reasons, usually permissions related). If so, you'd get an error when
trying to list the devices on the board.

> However, when I try to run the provided python script I run into problems:

> lyra_rlacasse<701> ./tut2b.py cockroach1
> Connecting to server cockroach1...  FAILURE DETECTED. Log entries:
> None
>
> If I change the one line in the script from
>
>         fpga = corr.katcp_wrapper.FpgaClient(roach, logger=logger)
>         fpga = corr.katcp_wrapper.FpgaClient(roach, 7147)
This really should have worked. Check to see if your logger object was
instantiated correctly.

> I get a bit further:
> lyra_rlacasse<704> tut2b_rich.py cockroach1
>
> Connecting to server cockroach1...  Sleeping...
> ok
>
> ------------------------
> Programming FPGA... ok
> ---------------------------
> Port 0 linkup: No handlers could be found for logger "katcp"
>  FAILURE DETECTED. Log entries:
> None

Apparently your fpga.read_int failed to execute and then it couldn't log the
error to a non-existant logger (which you removed with your one-line change
above).

> Also, the "-s" option talked about in the tutorial seems to be a non-existent
> option.  I probably have some compatibility issues??
Suspect versioning problems between the text and the actual model files and
python scripts. AFAICT, the "-s" option is now always present.

> Would anyone have any advice on where to go from here??
You might want to try'n execute the lines in the script one-at-a-time on a
python prompt to see what errors popup at what stage.

Jason