> hi rick,
>
> there are no cx4-sfp+ cables, as there's a format conversion
> (8/10 encoding to 64/66) so you need electronics.
>
> you can purchase single cx4-sfp+ adapters,
> made by ~three different companies, $1Kish.
>
> there are less expensive CX4 fiber cables than the one you received a
> quote
> on.
> details on various cable vendors are on the casper web site.
> but as far as i know, the fiber cables all  need power through the
> connector.
> we might have some you can try out.  perhaps you could open the
> connector, and solder a wire, and feed 12 volts in.

MTE India sells the 4 and 8 channel cx-4 to SFP converter box.

Looks like a good solution.
Search the casper mail archive for:

8-port CX4 to SFP+ adapter unit : now available

by Yashwant Gupta:

Dear Casperites,

During the CASPER workshop last month, we announced the development of the
CX4 to SFP+ standalone unit for ROACH-1 board which has been produced
jointly by Mechatronics Test Equipment (MTE) Ltd., Pune and GMRT
(NCRA-TIFR). A poster about this was also displayed during the workshop, a
copy of which is attached alongwith.

We are pleased to announce that this is unit is now fully tested and ready
for release.

The unit comes with four/eight port CX4 to SFP+ conversion options. It is
available in a standard 2U rack mountable enclosure. It has two PCBs each
having a quad PHY chip from Vitesse for CX4 to SFP+ conversion. The unit
has in-built SMPS and cooling arrangement. It is meant for use with the
ROACH-1 board and has passed preliminary tests, including test runs in the
GMRT packetised correlator.

Mechatronics Test Equipments is willing to mass produce these units for
use by CASPERites.  However, they would like to get an estimate of the
number of units required within the CASPER community, so that appopriate
pricing can be decided.

We request all those interested in procuring this adapter to send us the
number of units they would be interested to order, and also some
indication of the time scale of the requirement.

With best wishes,

Yashwant