Based on the ROACH-2 Production Test Machine Setup document...

https://docs.google.com/a/ska.ac.za/document/d/1tqw4C6uZ6EULl1OykTFL_vQTnK52UBr0aYqTg44E5wg/edit?pli=1

...it seems like ROACH2s should have MAC addresses that match this pattern:

02:*:01:*;*;*

Is there a convention for the unspecified octets?  For example, ROACH1 MAC
addresses are of the form:

02:00:00:RR:PP:SS

where RR is revision, PP is production run, and SS is sequence/serial number
within that production run.  RR, PP, and SS are in binary coded decimal form.

Are ROACH2 addresses supposed to be follow the same convention, but with the
third octet set to 01 instead of 00:

02:00:01:RR:PP:SS

I ask because ROACH2 010310 (Rev 1, Run 3, Seq 10) currently uses MAC address
02:44:01:02:00:00.  I have not yet programmed the latest u-boot image, but
presumably that will have a hard-coded MAC address in it that should be changed
(or does the MAC address come from some other non-volatile storage, e.g. an I2C
device?)

I didn't see any mention of MAC addresses in the recent email about updating
ROACH2 uboot, kernel, and romfs, but I think this is/will be important for
those lucky enough to have more than one ROACH2 (not me).

Thanks,
Dave