Hi all.  Ive picked up where Glenn Jones left off on Dec 5th, working on
the iic for our R2 system, and I have got to where I think the driver's
missing or just not loaded.  When I try to open the i2c-X devices, I get :
root@vegasr2-1:/usr/local/etc# i2cdetect -r 0
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0': No such device or address

root@vegasr2-1:/usr/local/etc# i2cdetect -r 1
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-1': No such device or address

The kernel config indicates that the chardev is built as a module, as are
all the other I2C devices:

CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=m

But I can't find any modules.  There are none in the usual /lib/modules
tree, and lsmod says there are no modules loaded.

The system is:

root@vegasr2-1:/bin# uname -a
Linux vegasr2-1 3.7.0-rc2+ #21 Mon Nov 19 09:30:32 SAST 2012 ppc GNU/Linux

Any idea where to go from here?

John