Hello again

> $12 = {r_registers = 0x10783d80, r_hwmon = 0x10783d90, r_fpga = 1, r_map
> = 0xffffffff,

So I think I have found the problem: r_map == -1 seems to indicate that
the fpga is (no longer/not) mapped. This happens after a ?progdev without
parameters, or a ?progdev that has failed (eg if the bof file can not
be located). There is a fpga status command to check this.

I have added a test which refuses to start tap devices in such cases,
the patch is attached ... if you let me know if that solves it, I'll
add it to the
repository (there remains an element of mystery - the tap start should
have failed sooner, as there are other tests which check if registers are
available).

Thank you very much for the detailed bug report, it makes fixing these
bugs a pleasure.

regards

marc