Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the detailed response (which I read after replying to
Homin - doh). We already have our ROACH-1 here and are trying to keep
costs down so I'm going to push ahead a little more with trying to
figure out if we can get this to work with a ROACH-1 and 1:2 ADCs.  I
do have a couple of questions/points though before I ask to borrow the
1:2 boards.

1) The nominal plan would be to run 2 channels at 5GSa/s, 4bit on a
ROACH-1- i.e. using 2 ADC boards.  My understanding is the the ROACH-1
in practice should be ok to do this (depending on number of channels
etc in the PFB)
2)  Am I being very naive (I suspect I am) in thinking that with some
work (but not a total rewrite) I could just take the correlator
tutorial, replace the ADC and with the yellow block for the 1x5000-8
boards and tweek the number of channels in the PFB (we don't need many
at all which should help fitting on the VIRTEX 5).

If 1+2 are within the bounds of sanity then it might be worth trying
to see if we can get this up and running - We can always fall back to
the 3.6 GS/s if it's proving to be a nightmare. I'll check out the
memo and website too.

Cheers,

Ross