Hi, Taka,

On Apr 24, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Takahiro NAOI wrote:

> Hello, I’m Taka in Kagoshima university.
> I have a question about saving process of the mdl file. When I save a
> mdl file through the top menu on the model window (File > Save), does
> the Simulink record some information even if I did not make any change
> in the mdl file?
>
> $ diff tut3.mdl tut3a.mdl
> ~(a lot of changes can be seen)~

The Simulink model file has no canonical format.  Equivalent models can be
expressed in many ways.  Different versions of Simulink also have different
features that may or may not be used/recognized by other versions of Simulink.
Even saving a model using the exact same version of Simulink can cause numerous
changes.  Some versions even seem to quote "on" and "off" sometimes but not
others arbitrarily.

I do not think the model file saves any information about its compilation state.

> When I complied the “tut3.mdl” by using “casper_xps”, I needed about 80
> minutes in my system. But after the compiling of the “tut3.mdl”, the
> compiling of the “tut3a.mdl” finished for about 15 minutes. So I thought
> that the “tut3a.mdl” file inherited some information from the parent
> file of “tut3.mdl”. Or is there problem in my compiling system?

When you same "compile", do you mean building all the way to a bitstream?
Without having a breakdown of where the 80 and 15 minutes were spent it's hard
to be specific, but I have noticed the System Generator part of the build takes
longer the first time I build a model and then seems to go faster on the second
and subsequent times.

Hope this helps,
Dave