On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM, David MacMahon
<dav...@astro.berkeley.edu>wrote:

> Hi, Suraj,
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 2:59 PM, Suraj Gowda wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what causes the error 'cannot execute binary file' when
> trying to execute a bof file from the powerpc shell?  This error occurs
> with all bof files, including the test designs from github
>
> The bof files are not executable on ROACH2.  Executable bof files requires
> a BORPH enabled Linux kernel.

I would strongly encourage you to try the new approach of using a memory
mapped kernel module for FPGA access.
If you still want to use a BORPH enabled kernel for ROACH2, use the
following link:
https://github.com/ska-sa/borph_linux_devel

> ROACH2 uses a memory mapped kernel module for talking to the FPGA rather
> than BORPH.

It might have been less confusing if we gave them an extension other than

--
Shanly Rajan

SKA-SA
DBE Team