hi rolando,

if you can get your correlator to fit in a single fpga,
that's easier than using multiple fpga's.

i think a people have successfully built an 8 input correlator
using a single ibob and a pair of quad adc boards,
so i think it's possible to fit this on one ibob,
if you don't need very many frequency channels.
if you can't fit your design on one ibob, then you could
use a pair of ibob - there's no reason to use a switch to
connect just two ibobs together.

the new xilinx tools won't support the old virtex2 pro fpga
that's on the ibob board, so you'll have to use old tools and
old libraries.

best wishes,
dan