Hi,

I'm trying to implement a test suite for a correlator and I'm having
serious problems with my understanding of fi.  The output of the fft
stage is UFIX 36_0.  I capture that in a matlab variable (say
fft_out0).  All I want to do is split that up into Re and Im parts at
FIX 18_17. I'm finding this rather difficult to do in matlab
(especially because simple bit operations such as & >> and
representing numbers via 0x notation do not work).

If for example I try and convert the output from matlab

fi(fft_out0,0,36,0) I still get a fractional number which baffles me.

Is there a way to take this UFIX36_0, split into two FIX 18_17 and
turn it into a complex number?

Ross

p.s. I'm using the unbus blocks to create the simulink output. I don't
want to manually add gateways from every re_im block unless I really
have to.

(p.p.s I'm coming from scipy where this would be trivial hence the
want to throw the toys out of the pram)

--
Ross Williamson
Research Scientist - Sub-mm Group