Hi Ross,

So I just did a very quick test where I read 100000 an ADC snapshot
(8192 Bytes) via mmap(boost::iostreams::mapped_file)  using
std::copy().  This took about 52 seconds which is about 15MB/s or
120Mb/s - Sound to fast???

I have a vague recollection that the local bus is 16-bits
at 33MHz (66MB/s), but it could also be 66MHz (132MB/s).

You can determine the local bus clock by;

a) Review the ROACH board design documents
b) Stop at the U-Boot prompt and read the messages
   (it usually displays all the clock info)
c) Probe the localbus clock either using a scope,
   using chipscope in the FPGA

Cheers,
Dave