hi tim,

all casper fft's operate in continuous streaming mode.
there is no way to start and stop them.

if you don't inject in a sync pulse, they continue working anyway.

the data stream into the FFT in time domain, and after you
stream in N samples (the first vector),
you must continue to inject the next N samples, and then the next,
etc, with no gaps,   after a while, the data emerges from the
output of the FFT in frequency domain - the first vector, then
the next, then the next, without any gaps.

the sync pulse(s) are used so that the blocks after the FFT
know when the vectors start and stop.   when you inject a sync pulse, that
lets the
FFT know the next sample is the first time domain sample in the vector.
the output sync pulse tell you that the next sample emerging from the
FFT block is the first frequency domain sample in the vector.

you don't have to put in a sync pulse every FFT
(in fact, that's not allowed).

best wishes,

dan