Hi all,

Do anyone here have any experiences in Broadcom's PHY chip BCM8747?

I have a Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGA board and a 10 gigabit ethernet expansion board
that has 4  PHY chips (BCM8747). There are ZD connectors between the two
boards.  And I came across some problems. I am sure that the supply voltage and
the reference clock (156.25 MHz) of the PHY are OK. And I also have made a
testing of eye diagram for the trasmitter and the reciever of XAUI. Both of the
eye's width and height meet the requirements of BCM8747 data sheet. But it has
a problem in sychoronization and alignment of the four lanes. The four
lanes(one port) can't be sychoronized and aligned even I configured the PHY to
the independent lane loopback operation mode(It connects the XAUI deserializer
output directly to the XAUI serializer input). I also tried to configure the
PHY to be 1 Gbe bypass mode and made a loopback. It was not linked up, either.

Has  anyone  met problems like these yet?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Lin