Hi Bob,

Sounds interesting -- for what it's worth, I've just learnt some fellow
astronomers in Italy (Andrea Maccaferri at INAF's Medicina observatory)
have built some PPS/refclk distribution systems based on the Avago fiber
parts -- perhaps you might be interested in getting in touch with him...

Thanks (to everyone on this thread)
Jack