Hi, Michael,

That sounds very strange.  Did you drag-and-drop the black box block into the
model from the library or did you right-click it in the library and pick "Add
to model"?  Are you sure that the dialog box didn't pop up behind other windows
(sometimes happens on Linux with X11)?  Does your model already have a "System
Generator" block in it?  Have you tried exiting Matlab and restarting?

Please post if/when you solve it so others will be able to find the solution in
the archive!

Hope this helps,
Dave