If you erase the last couple of sectors of onboard flash, then the uboot
bootloader is gone, at which point the board is unresponsive. There are
ways to recover it via jtag over usb. But you will have to do some work.

Things to try: plug in the roach into a PC: does dmesg show any fdti
devices being registered ? If so, there is at least something of the roach
hardware is up. Then power cycle the roach while the correct USB port is
used by minicom: Do you see any messages going past ? If so uboot is
probably ok.

regards

marc