Hey CASPER folks,

I made a python module for controlling the onboard frequency synth on SNAP
boards. The module defines a class that inherits from the
corr.katcp_wrapper.FpgaClient class. I need to create some documentation
for it, but here's a code snippet of how one would program the synth to
output a 200 MHz clock signal from a 10 MHz reference frequency.

from SNAPsynth import LMX2581
synth = LMX2581(<IP of SNAP board>)
synth.progdev(<the FPGA bof file>)
synth.from_gen_synth(synth_mhz=200, ref_signal=10)

The module can be found here:
https://github.com/domagalski/snap-synth

One thing to note is that while the clock from the synth should go directly
to the FPGA, it doesn't seem to. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my
configuration (don't think so) or possibly a bug in the JASPER toolflow.
Either way, I've worked around it by redirecting the debugging SMA cable
for the synth to the clock input on SNAP.

-- Rachel Simone Domagalski