hi jonathan,

here's a remote possibility that might explain some of the behaviour you
are seeting:

when the power goes down to your roach2's,
does the power also go down on the sample clock or 1 PPS distribution?

if the sample clock continues to be fed to the ADC's,
then the CMOS adc chips can continued to be powered via the clock,
or perhaps via 1 PPS, and because the voltages are low, the adc's can get
in a wierd mode...

you might need to power off the 1 PPS and sample clock ?
or after power is restored, issue a reset to the ADC ?

dan