Hi David,

I get the same issue when using Vivado 2018.2 and Matlab R2018a. I suspect
the Xilinx system generator blocks are different in some way from the
system generator blocks in Vivado 2016.4. The SNAP platform yellow block
updates the system generator parameters and I suspect there is a different
mask parameter somewhere. I also believe the yellow block libraries have
the old system generator blocks in them and these will need to be updated
to reflect the new ones. I am working on this. I think I may need to
generate a script that replaces all the blocks.

If you follow Brian's suggestion you won't have any issues. I need to port
to Vivado 2018.2, so I can't avoid this issue.

I will let you know once I have made a breakthrough.

Kind regards,

Adam