Hi Adam,

I could as well install the Matlab 2018a + Vivado 2018.2 on Debian after
installing Service pack update 6 for Matlab R2018a. The original path
issue was at line 380 of ~R2018a/bin/matlab script where "newdir"
variable wasn't getting initialized correctly. After correcting it, it
worked!

Cheers,

Amit