Hi Sean, just in case you are in a rush to use this platform.. You could
use the Pavel Denim IP-cores
(https://github.com/pavel-demin/red-pitaya-notes) which gives you the
ADC-DAC interface plus some other blocks, and you always could import a
simulink design into vivado following the instruction in this Xilinx video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4eCrhPvWk&t).

So in theory you could still use the casper DSP blocks (not the yellow
ones), but you need to create the brams and registers by yourself in
vivado. The brams are already available as an IP block and the registers
could be implemented with axi-gpio IP-block or with a custom axi-lite
interface HDL.

I actually dont know how to translate the bitmap to the katcp interface,
but you should be able to do it. Also like you have access to the addresses
of the axi bus you could create a custom C-code to interface with them (Is
just memory map the /dev/xdevcfg and read/write to the addresses that you
set in vivado).