Hi Danny,

This
<https://github.com/realtimeradio/mlib_devel/blob/vla/jasper_library/yellow_blocks/vla_dts.py>
is probably a reasonable example. It actually does something similar,
reading data from the VLA in their custom high-speed serial format.
I just export the IP .xci file into mlib_devel and include that as if it's
any old HDL file.
You could also have the toollfow generate IP on the fly via the
`add_tcl_cmds()` YellowBlock method, a la
https://github.com/realtimeradio/mlib_devel/blob/9c6ac5697b08841f7bbd53a75a698ec2030f3406/jasper_library/yellow_blocks/rfdc.py#L275.
Once you generate the IP in vivado, you just need to copy the magical IP
creation tcl to the yellow block python.

Any of that help?