Hi Kuma,

The two register options give you the ability to try to improve the timing
performance of the RAM by adding extra internal register stages in its
implementation.
With neither of those options checked, the RAM has a latency of 1 (after
presenting an address on the input, the value stored at that address is
presented on the data output 1 cycle later). With one or both of those
options checked, this increases to 2 or 3 cycles.
If the previous version of the block didn't have these options, then to get
the same behaviour with the new block you should leave these options
unchecked. The default latency has always been 1 (in fact the new AXI-based
platforms don't even support the larger latencies....).

Your second error looks like the shared_bram blocks within some snapshot
blocks in your model need updating. Hopefully the library version of the
snapshot is OK, so that you could just replace the entire snapshot block to
fix the error underneath it in the shared_ram.

In theory, you can update all the blocks in your model with (in the matlab
prompt) `update_casper_blocks(bdroot)` . You can also update a specific
block (which you have selected by clicking in simulink) with
`update_casper_block(gcs)`. (If you plan on doing this, do make sure you
save/backup your design before allowing an automated script to mess with
it!).

As a general note, for ROACH2 you should be using the roach2 branch of
mlib_devel (which I assume you are) --
https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel/tree/roach2

Hope that helps a little,

Jack