On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 15:54, Wang <sandang19990...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi CASPER,
>
> I am currently operating as described in the PAPER Correlator Manifest.
> This is my first time using Ruby.
> I get the source code by way of 'git clone
> http://astro.berkeley.edu/~davidm/rb-katcp.git' failure.Then I used
> 'wget' command to get it successfully.

The following worked for me:

```
git clone http://astro.berkeley.edu/~davidm/rb-katcp.git
cd rb-katcp
rake gem
```

I'm using rake version 13.0.1. It sounds like you never got a copy of the
repository, which contains a Rakefile at its top level. I've found git
repos hosted on the berkeley servers to be slow and sometime hang for a
bit, but ultimately they should clone ok.

Next I'm going to build a gem file.
> Failed to build, prompting me with a message like this:
>
> root@ubuntu:~/PAPER_Correlator_Manifest/rb-katcp# rake gem
> rake aborted!
> No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb,
> Rakefile.rb)
>
> There is no rakefile in the directory where I'm looking at the source code.
>
> I also have a question, when I use the Ruby script to interact with the
> ROACH board, can I just run it as if it were a Python script?

In the sense that it is a script you can run on the command line, yes. I
believe you can probably run `./MyRubyScript.rb -h` to get usage
information.

Cheers
Jack