Hi CASPER,

I've recently been designing the Corner Turner module.Converts the data
shape from [input channel, frequency] to [frequency, input channel].

My understanding of FFT module is not enough, especially the relationship
between data and frequency points.

fft_biplex_real_2x block:Fft biplex real 2x - Casper (berkeley.edu)
<https://casper.astro.berkeley.edu/w/index.php?title=Fft_biplex_real_2x&oldid=7999>

This is my understanding of fft_biplex_real_2x block: The FFT of the real
number input will generate complex numbers, but with a Hermitian symmetry
on the Fourier components, i.e. the negative frequency part is just the
complex conjugate of the corresponding positive frequency component, only
half of the complex numbers are independent. To avoid wasting memory and
data transportation, the input data block of two input channels are
combined as the real and imaginary components respectively to form a
complex input, and then FFTed together.

An EQ module is placed between FFT module and Transpose module.

I don't think I understand the 'frequency point' enough, so the following
question may itself be wrong.

My question is:
1.The fft_biplex_real_2x block sets fft size = 2^11. Its two outputs can be
viewed as the output of four real streams, each containing 1024 frequency
points. Is that right?

2.I designed 4 transpose modules, each responsible for a quarter frequency
point of 1024. Each module corresponds to a 10gb module that packages and
outputs the data.

I'm curious, the fft output contains 1024 frequency points.How to divide
the real stream containing 1024 frequency points?  Examples:
transpose_1:0-255, transpose_2:256-511, transpose_3:512-767, transpose:
768-1023.

Does anyone know the F-engine design article? It is better to have fft and
cornerturn module design ideas, I would like to read it!

I really hope someone can communicate with me, I would appreciate it!

BW!
Wang