I'd suggest start by trying the casperfpga which is included as a git
submodule in the tutorials repo --
https://github.com/casper-astro/casperfpga/tree/a88f9af0b16e6a12fe51884d29c162e76e7c21a6

I'm guessing this is substantially older than the one you are using, and
may be python2.7 only.

As some wild guesses, you could also try manually setting which memory map
to use, by adding, after this line
<https://github.com/casper-astro/tutorials_devel/blob/8cdfd2f0fe6ed65d4d9906a22abc48761a2c04cc/roach2/tut_tge/roach2_tut_tge.py#L118>

gbe_rx.memmap_compliant=False
gbe_rx.memmap =
casperfpga.tengbe.read_memory_map_definition(casperfpga.tengbe.TENGBE_MMAP_LEGACY_TXT)

If that fails to work, as another stab in the dark, you could try the
opposite:

gbe_rx.memmap_compliant=True
gbe_rx.memmap =
casperfpga.tengbe.read_memory_map_definition(casperfpga.tengbe.TENGBE_UNIFIED_MMAP_TXT)

Not sure any of this is likely to result in success, but it's the best
guess I have!

Cheers
Jack