Hello Casperites,

Hope you all are doing well.

I have been working on an RFSoC-based backend for our BVEX (Balloon-borne VLBI
Experiment) project. As a mobile K-band VLBI station we are using the RFSoC 4x2
for our IF stage for digitizing and storing the data. I have had a lot of help
from the CASPER community in general in both setting up and troubleshooting the
RFSoC so far.

Currently, I have deployed the spectrometer and a power meter which seem to be
working fine. The next plan is to implement the 100 GbE and for that, I would
first need to re-quantize the 14-bit data to 2 bits and then packetize it to
VDIF standards to correlate with another ground station.

Any advice on a VDIF packetizer would be really helpful. I know the EHT uses a
VIDF packetizer for the Roach 2s,

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mayukh

Mayukh Bagchi (He/Him), MSc, PhD Candidate
Department of Physics, Engineering Physics, and Astronomy
mayukhbagchi.com<http://mayukhbagchi.com> |
mayukh.bag...@queensu.ca<mailto:mayukh.bag...@queensu.ca>
[Queen's University Logo]<https://www.queensu.ca/>