If you run 'ant clean' before running ant or Cassandra, it will ensure
that no old artifacts are still around from the code that could be
causing problems.

To dump the db, just delete the db directories.  There should be
tooling for this in the future, but that's the most surefire way to
know that you are starting fresh for now.

Michael