Here is my test program:

public class CClient

{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    throws TException, InvalidRequestException, UnavailableException,
UnsupportedEncodingException, NotFoundException
    {
        TTransport tr = new TSocket("localhost", 9160);
        TProtocol proto = new TBinaryProtocol(tr);
        Cassandra.Client client = new Cassandra.Client(proto);
        tr.open();

        int     count = 0;
        int     block = 1000;
        String  key   = " ";

        while (true)
        {
            List<String> list = client.get_key_range("Keyspace1",
                "Standard1", key, "~", block, ConsistencyLevel.ONE);
            int size = list.size();
            if (size == 0)
                break;
            count += size;
            key = list.get(size - 1) + '~';
            System.out.println("Count: " + Integer.toString(count));
       }
        tr.close();
    }
}