rack aware basically means it has some knowledge of cluster topology
so it can (a) do reads from the lowest-latency replica, and (b)
distribute replicas across the ring better, e.g. at least one copy in
each datacenter.  other than that there is nothing special about the
rack or data center as a unit of machines, so the answer is, the same
thing as when you lose a single machine, only repeated. :)