I never heard from anyone about this.  I think it is important for bringing
nodes out of service during upgrades so no data loss occurs.  Also when
introducing a new node you need to know when it is fully populated.

Tux!

Brian Burruss <bburr...@real.com> wrote:

How can i tell that a node is completely up and taking reads and writes?

- at startup?
- after new bootstrap?
- after a node has been unavailable for some time and rejoins the cluster?

i see the "INFO [main] [CassandraDaemon.java:141] Cassandra starting up..."
message in the log, but it seems to have happened way too fast after i
simulated a crash.

using tpstats i don't see any ROW-READ-STAGE completed, but lots of
ROW-MUTATION-STAGE completed which seems to be correct for a node that is still
sync'ing with the cluster after being unavailable.

.. but how do i know ;)

thx!