On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:19 AM, envio user <enviou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After this I tried with 1 million keys:
>
> /home/sun>python stress.py -n 1000000 -t 100 -c 25 -r -o read -i 10
> WARNING: multiprocessing not present, threading will be used.
>        Benchmark may not be accurate!
> total,interval_op_rate,avg_latency,elapsed_time
> 87916,76,1.30730833113,1240
> 88665,74,1.33158908508,1250
> 89405,74,1.35333179654,1260
> 90086,68,1.45503252228,1270
> 90745,65,1.51978417774,1280
> 91476,73,1.38719448671,1290
> 92226,75,1.3288515962,1300
> 92976,75,1.33220300897,1310
> 93770,79,1.26187492288,1320
> 94557,78,1.26394684554,1330

1M rows means you've stored 600M columns, which is around 32G of data after
compaction.  With 8G of memory for disk cache from the OS, minus at least 1G
going to Cassandra's JVM, your machine is going to have to do a disk seek on
at least nearly 80% of your reads.  You can improve this with either more
memory per node, or more nodes, but it's worth noting that ~1875 columns/sec
isn't too bad for this situation, and you can probably read all 600 columns
per row at nearly the same speed.

-Brandon