Thanks for the answer.  A dumb question: how did you apply the patch file to
0.5 source? The link you gave doesn't mention that the patch is for 0.5??

Also, this ExpiringColumn feature doesn't seem to expire key/row, meaning
the number of keys will keep grow (even if you drop columns for them) unless
you delete them. In your case, how do you manage deleting/expiring keys from
Cassandra? Do you keep a list of keys somewhere and go through them once a
while?

Thanks,

-Weijun