Hi List,

I was attempting to play around with Cassandra last month using the example
of the OpenStreetMap database as a target to frame my learning. Now that I
have a little extra time to start this endeavor again, I'm wondering if you
could help me understand how the OpenStreetMap data model could fit into the
Cassandra model.

A quick overview of the data model I have in mind:
1. There is a "node" which has:
     - Location (lat/lon)
     - Numeric id
     - Tags (list of key/value pairs)
2. A "way" has:
     - An ordered list of "node"
     - Numeric id
     - Tags (list of key/value pairs)

There is one step beyond this, but I'm wondering if you could help me fit
this simple first step into Cassandra.

My queries would be something like the following:
1. What are the nodes in a given bounding box, what are the ways attached to
those nodes?
2. What are the tags and nodes for a way with a Numeric id of x?
3. What are the nodes that have a tag key of "foo"? How about nodes that
have "foo" = "bar"?

Thanks in advance!