So is the current general practice to connect to a known node, e.g. by ip
address?

If so, what happens if that node is down?  Is the entire cluster effectively
broken at that point?

Or do clients simply maintain a list of nodes a just connect to the first
available in the list?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris

On 3 Mar 2010 16:43, "Eric Evans" <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 10:05 -0600, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> I can do a patch+ticket for this in the cor...
I don't think voting is going to help. Voting doesn't do anything to
develop consensus and it seems pretty clear that no consensus exists
here.

It's entirely possible that you've identified a problem that others
can't see, or haven't yet encountered. I don't see it, but then maybe
I'm just thick.

Either way, if you think this is important, the onus is on you to
demonstrate the merit of your idea and contrib/ or a github project is
one way to do that (the latter has the advantage of not needing to rely
on anyone else).

--
Eric Evans
eev...@rackspace.com