I started with the ordered partitioner as I was hoping to make use of the
map-reduce functionality. However, my data was likely lopped onto 2 key
machines with most of it on one (as seen from another thread. There were also
machine failures to blame for the uneven distribution). One solution which I am
trying is to load balance. Is there any other thing I can try to convert the
partitioner to random on a live system?

I know this sounds like an odd request. Curious about my options though. I did
see a post mentioning that one can compute the md5 hash of each key and then
insert using that and have a mapping table from key to md5 hash. Unfortunately,
the data is already loaded using an ordered partitioner and I was wondering if
there is a way to switch to random now.

Shiv