On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 13:39 -0500, Vick Khera wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> >>  apache-cassandra-0.6.0-beta1.jar
> >>  apache-cassandra-0.6.0-beta2.jar
> >
> > Ugh, my bad. I must have failed to `clean' in between the aborted beta1
> > and beta2.
> >

> The beta2 also does not include the other support jar files like
> log4j.  Not being a java person, I didn't know what to do so I just
> started my experimentation with the 0.5.1 release which has it all
> bundled.

Yes, this is a new feature^H^H^H^H^Hcontroversy in that most of the
third-party jars are no longer distributed by us, and must be fetched
using `ant ivy-retrieve'.

This is currently being disputed, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-850 for more on that.

For what it's worth, this was documented in both the changelog
(CHANGES.txt) and the release notes (NEWS.txt), which you really should
be reading.

--
Eric Evans
eev...@rackspace.com