Hi,
 Has anyone on this list ever dealt with adding extra values to a bean's
properties? So as well as name and value you can augment a property with
other named values.  We're thinking of achieving this with by adding the
following interface (or similar) to our beans.

public interface AugmentedBean {
    /** Returns all the attributes for the named property */
    Attribute[] readAttributes(String property);
}
public interface Attribute {
    String getName();
    Object getValue();
}

We need to output our beans as XML which includes outputing these attributes.

An example bean might have the properties 'name', 'email' and 'telephone' where
the 'name' property has an attribute named 'required' with the value 'true'.
bean.readAttributes("name") would return an instance of Attribute
wheras  bean.readAttributes("phone") would return an empty array

The XML output would be:
<user>
 <name required="true"><name>
 <emal><email>
 <telephone></telephone>
</user>

Is there a way to modify castor's marshalling to achieve this,
 or does anyone have a different approach? Getting the attributes on the XML
is more important than the interface used on the bean.

Any thought much appreciated.

Thomas