From: "Stormacq, Sébastien" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [castor-dev] Castor XML binding vs JAXB

Hello,

I'd like to know the main differences between Sun's JAXB and Castor XML
Binding.

I already found some of them :

- JAXB is based on DTD for the moment (at least in the 0.21 working draft I
have here)

- JAXB seems to bind only from a DTD, there is no binding from scratch
(using introspection) or
using an external mapping and therefore is less suitable for existing data
models

Am I right ?  What are the other considerations ?

Thanks for your help

--
Sebastien Stormacq
IT Architect