From: Owen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 10:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [castor-dev] Array Collections and JDO

Hi all,

I have a feeling that I've got the wrong end of the stick entirely about
this...

I have a load of source generated by the sourcegen from a schema that I also
want
to persist. Given that the source generator, for whatever reason, made all
the
collection getters and setters in my classes return arrays I used the
'array' collection
type in my mapping file - all well and good.

However, when I actually try to persist any of these objects I get
IllegalArgumentExceptions a-go-go, becuase all the code dealing with
persisting
relationships (say, in ClassMolder) seems to assume that its got some kind
of
Collection descendant to play with.

Am I totally misunderstanding what the 'array' collection mapping signifies,
or is there
a problem here?

If I'm not utterly confused (it's happened before, I'm told) would a simple
fix to be just
to convert the array to a collection as soon as whatever's grabbing it has
grabbed it?
If so,  where should I look to fix it?

Cheers,
Owen--