I started developing using castor 0.9.3 about a week ago. I was experiencing
the same problem that was described in this e-mail from Colin:
http://castor.exolab.org/list-archive/msg05919.html.

I didn't see any response to this so I took a quick look and managed to get
this to work making a really simple change (which I've attached).

I have no idea if this change breaks something else or is completely the
wrong way to approach it but I figured I'd post it because its so simple. At
the very least I figure everyone will know its a problem and anyone
experiencing the problem can use this for quick fix.

As I've only joined the list today I also have no idea if its been fixed
already in CVS, I couldn't find anything in the email archives though.

I can't seem to get CVS running through our firewall so the diff below is
compared to the 0.9.3 src I downloaded from website:

43c43
<  * $Id: UnmarshalHandler.java,v 1.2 2001/11/14 22:13:07 weisbro Exp $
---
>  * $Id: UnmarshalHandler.java,v 1.63 2001/06/14 23:59:34 blandin Exp $
80c80
<  * @version $Revision: 1.2 $ $Date: 2001/11/14 22:13:07 $
---
>  * @version $Revision: 1.63 $ $Date: 2001/06/14 23:59:34 $
1586,1592d1585
<         //Big Decimal
<         else if (type == java.math.BigDecimal.class) {
<             if (isNull)
<                 primitive = new java.math.BigDecimal("0");
<             else
<                 primitive = new java.math.BigDecimal(value);

 <<UnmarshalHandler.java>>

Hope this is useful!
Robin