We've been over that a thousand times.

UnmarshalHandler already contains code to handle Namespaces. The code it
contains is far easier to use than the many possible namespace / prefix
options that can occur in a ContentHandler.

Also if you look back over the messages from this mailing list you will
notice that we are moving to our own XML event API. We will support both
DocumentHandler and ContentHandler in version 0.9.4.

Thanks,

--Keith