I wrote the .size and .absolute methods on QueryResults to do exactly what you are
asking for. It works, and it is scalable.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: lars.gersmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Fri 3/15/2002 1:03 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: [castor-dev] Paging result set with OQL

        hi,

        download the cvs version of castor.
        you will find 2 new methods absolute() and size() in class QueryResults
        which can be used to match your needs.

        there is a mail from ned wolpert which explains a little bit more about these
functions.
        see http://www.mail-archive.com/castor-dev@exolab.org/
<http://www.mail-archive.com/castor-dev@exolab.org/>  for details.

        i never used the methods, but i would be interested in getting feedback for
usability/performance
        especially for method absolute().

        regards,

        lars