Check that. I meant <map-to>. After digging some more it looks like <map-to> only works for the root class. Why is this?!?! Plus, when I try to demarshal a subclass that extends another it tries to map fields from the subclass to the parent and can't find them. Well, now, it's not supposed to since they are in the subclass only.

Darren Govoni wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to understand why my <bind-xml> clause is ignored for a class 'extends' another class in my mapping file. The output uses the bind name of the parent class and not the desired bind name in my explicit clause for the subclass. Anyone have a quick clue into this?

Thanks!
Darren