I using Castor XML (castor-0.9.4.1.jar) to unmarshal an XML instance that
contains an xs:any / AnyNode.

The anynode is coming out empty (array size 0) if I run the unmarshal as
part of a Session Bean running on Weblogic 6.1. If I switch dedug on
(org.exolab.castor.debug=true) I see lots of :-

unable to find FieldDescriptor for 'REQUEST' in ClassDescriptor of
AIPCASERQDATA
Ignoring NRSOURCE no descriptor was found
Ignoring UR_UNIT_CODE no descriptor was found
Ignoring UR_USER_ID no descriptor was found
Ignoring USAGEFLAG no descriptor was found
Ignoring HEADER no descriptor was found
Ignoring AN_CLIENT_NO no descriptor was found
Ignoring AT_TITLE_SEQ no descriptor was found
Ignoring AT_TITLE no descriptor was found
Ignoring AT_SURNAME no descriptor was found

<REQUEST> is the first element in the xs:any portion.
But what is most confusing is if I use EXACTLY the same java classes but
execute the class from a Main Application (outside of Weblogic) I find the
XML file unmarshalls perfectly. However I get the following debug :-

unable to find or create a ClassDescriptor for class: REQUEST unable to find
or create a ClassDescriptor for class:
com.rdf.nr.ctp.infrastructure.protocol.ctp.model.REQUEST

but everything seems fine inside the AnyNode.

I initially thought the problem was with the classpath Weblogic is using but
I have tried to make the order of jars inside the classpath the same.

What does the :-

unable to find FieldDescriptor for 'REQUEST' in ClassDescriptor of
AIPCASERQDATA
Ignoring NRSOURCE no descriptor was found

mean, this looks like it is ignoring the Elements at the xs:any node, which
are

                        <REQUEST>
                                <HEADER>
                <NRSOURCE>String</NRSOURCE>
etc

many thanks in advance

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or
organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the individual
sender except where they are stated to be the views of RDF Group or EMS plc.
All messages passing through this gateway are virus scanned.